Prep time: 45 min. Cook time: 20 min. Serves 6
1 ½ lbs. shaved beef (flank, shoulder, prime rib, or sirloin)
1/4 cup fresh chopped garlic
1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
1/4 cup olive oil
Fresh rosemary (as desired)
Fresh thyme (as desired)
Thin bamboo skewers
(soaked in water 1 hour and cut 7” long)
1. Place all ingredients in a small bowl (except meat), mix well, and set aside.
2. Thread shaved meat onto skewers, and then place into a 1-gallon baggie.
3. Pour all mixed ingredients into baggie, and marinate at least 1 hour.
4. Remove from baggie and drain off any excess marinade.
5. Preheat the disco to a medium heat,
drizzle a little olive oil on the surface,
and spread evenly with a wooden spatula.
6. When the disco surface begins to smoke lightly,
place skewers around the discada vertically.
Grill slowly, turning occasionally.
7. Serve warm with our horseradish sauce.
This recipe calls for thinly shaved meat from a beef shoulder or
flank steak. If your budget will allow, you can also use prime rib
or sirloin. Shave meat into thin strips that are comparable to small
slices of bacon, and trim any excess fat for a healthier meal.